Carved in Stone E-Newsletter
In December 2015, the project team began producing a monthly e-newsletter to keep recipients informed of project progress and other related news. Each edition contains:
- Life Story - The profile of a person whose life story we have been researching. Including combatants and non-combatants, such as conscientious objectors, VAD nurses and other important wartime women, well-known Merton people, etc.
- Home Front News - Excerpts and commentary on local news topics from a selection of the 5 newspapers covering the Merton area during the war.
- Project Volunteers - An article written by one of our local volunteers about their experience contributing to the project.
- Then & Now - Compare two photos taken within Merton. One of wartime Merton and one of modern day Merton.
- Upcoming Events - A list of upcoming project events, plus other local and London history events of interest.
To receive our newsletter, fill in the form below.
For the latest edition of the newsletter, click here.
For the latest articles, images and news, click on Life Story, Home Front News, Project Volunteers and Then & Now.