Merton Airship Factory
Originally an Edwardian roller skating rink, by 1914 this building was being used to manufacture balloons and airships for the military.
After the war the building became Wimbledon Palais, a popular music and dance venue. During the 1960s the Palais staged concerts by The Beatles, The Who and the Rolling Stones, amongst others. It was also used for wrestling and large public gatherings.
The building was demolished during the 1980s and replaced by flats and offices.