Wimbledon War Memorial

Designed by the eminent architect, Sir Thomas Jackson, a resident of Eagle House, Wimbledon, the memorial was unveiled on November 1st 1921 by the local M.P. Sir Joseph Hood.

The sheer volume of local war casualties prevented their names from being shown on the memorial, however many servicemen are commemorated on metal plaques inside the Warrior Chapel at Wimbledon Parish Church ( also designed by Jackson. )